Reid Temple A.M.E. Church Senior Pastor, Dr. Rev. Mark Whitlock, Jr.
Greetings to our dedicated staff, loving parents, and precious students of Reid Temple Christian Academy! Because of you, this is a fruitful and exciting academic adventure. Our children are receiving a quality Christian-based education second to none. Now, more than ever, it is imperative that we take authority over what goes into our children’s minds and cultivate what is planted, spiritually and academically. It is our goal to minister to the whole child, teaching morals and godly values, stimulating intellectual curiosity, and igniting local and global responsibility, to develop successful Christian disciples, ready to take on the challenges of the modern world.
As Pastor, I want to extend my heartfelt thanks to Dr. Donnette Echols for her leadership, tremendous effort, dedication, and hard work. Thanks to a committed staff of educators and administrative personnel who understand the stewardship they have in helping our children to learn and grow. Thanks to the parents who partner with our ministry in providing the best education for their children that is reinforced in a Christian environment. Thanks to the membership of Reid Temple African Methodist Episcopal Church who are in continuous support of this invaluable and impactful ministry.
As we go forward, let us be true to the vision that God has given us and future generations, to make this world a better place.
Because He Lives I am,
Dr. Rev. Mark Whitlock, Jr.
RTCA Board of Directors
The Reid Temple Christian Academy Board of Directors exhibits leadership, vision, and collaboration to guide our school to create a learning community with endless possibilities for our students, faculty, and staff.
The board is comprised of individuals with diverse professional, civic and social backgrounds and credentials. Its members work tirelessly in the best interest of our students with a goal to lead by example.
All board of directors members:
- have professed Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.
- are active members of a local church where they give of their time, talent, and tithe.
- are governed by the Reid Temple Christian Academy bylaws, which require balance on the Board across levels (RTAMEC members/non-members, expertise, gender, and stakeholders)
- provide an oversight role to ensure that the academy’s strategic plan is implemented and revised as needed.
- serve the interests of the academy and its investors.
- are guided by final approval by Reid Temple African Methodist Episcopal Church’s senior pastor or his designee.