Posted Oct. 1, 2018
The substitute teacher is charged with facilitating instruction in the absence of the regular teacher.
- Reports to office upon arrival at the school; checks classroom of absent teacher for materials requiring immediate attention; requests clarification of school rules and procedures, if necessary.
- Maintains classroom discipline that fosters a safe and positive environment for all students and staff in accordance with school policies
- Reports all student injuries, accidents, illnesses, and discipline problems to the appropriate authority immediately or as soon as reasonably possible
- Implements lesson plans while ensuring the integrity of academic time in a manner which motivates students to learn and participate
- Completes a Substitute Teacher Report Form for the regular classroom teacher
- Return instructional materials, equipment, and keys to proper place
- Bachelor's degree
- Previous substitute teacher experience preferred
- Commitment to providing a holistic Christian education
- Some knowledge of the teaching/learning process in child development
- Ability to modify instruction to meet the individual needs of students
- Ability to exercise control and maintain classroom discipline
- Excellent oral, written, and human relations skills