See below for descriptions of positions available at Reid Temple Christian Academy. To learn more about our policies and benefits, visit our employment page.
Posted Oct. 1, 2018
The substitute teacher is charged with facilitating instruction in the absence of the regular teacher.
- Reports to office upon arrival at the school; checks classroom of absent teacher for materials requiring immediate attention; requests clarification of school rules and procedures, if necessary.
- Maintains classroom discipline that fosters a safe and positive environment for all students and staff in accordance with school policies
- Reports all student injuries, accidents, illnesses, and discipline problems to the appropriate authority immediately or as soon as reasonably possible
- Implements lesson plans while ensuring the integrity of academic time in a manner which motivates students to learn and participate
- Completes a Substitute Teacher Report Form for the regular classroom teacher
- Return instructional materials, equipment, and keys to proper place
- Bachelor's degree
- Previous substitute teacher experience preferred
- Commitment to providing a holistic Christian education
- Some knowledge of the teaching/learning process in child development
- Ability to modify instruction to meet the individual needs of students
- Ability to exercise control and maintain classroom discipline
- Excellent oral, written, and human relations skills