Reid Temple Christian Academy Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA) is the fellowship of parents, teachers, and students working together to promote the ideals of the school (holistic Christian education), empowering RTCA students to achieve academic excellence, supporting the various needs of administration, teachers, and students in the classroom; and fostering a strong sense of community between parents, administration, teachers and the students.
PTSA meetings are every second Tuesday of the month at 6:15 p.m. for the entire school, unless otherwise noted on the academic calendar. Additionally, quarterly meetings are held by grade division levels: Pre-K2 thru kindergarten, grades 1-4, and grades 5-8 all at 6 p.m.
PTSA meetings are open forums for parents, teachers, and students to provide enrichment activities and programs that promote the academy's mission and vision. These meetings also provide opportunities for parents, teachers, and students to discuss issues that concern students, activities, and programs at the academy.
Through the involvement of many parents, the programs at RTCA operate successfully and remain strong. The PTSA serve to foster valuable communication with the academy families and to provide guidance and support. We hope you join us!
The Reid Temple Christian Academy PTSA strives to
- Facilitate parent involvement throughout the school year
- Operate as a primary communication link among parents, teachers and administration
- Assist teachers in enriching the learning experience
- Assist RTCA's administration with fundraising initatives and special events
- Encourage the building of lasting relationships between parents
- Coordinate and disseminate information to parents, teachers, administration and students
- Positively impact the RTCA school body
- Participate in school donation and fundraising programs
- Support the mission of Reid Temple Christian Academy